Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More On Corcoran Human Rights Whine

The Catholic Register - A scandal worthy of Stalinist Russia

Shared via AddThis

“I wonder if Corcoran reads The Catholic Register,” I mused. “It bangs on about how lousy the human rights tribunals are for freedom of speech and religion. Someone dragged up Catholic Insight magazine before one because it kept writing against homosexual practices. Someone dragged up some Knights of Columbus because they wouldn’t rent out their hall for a lesbian wedding. Someone dragged up the Anglican Church, claiming it wouldn’t ordain him because he was Sri Lankan. How do you prove that, I’d like to know. Meanwhile, the process is a punishment because, no matter what, there are lawyers to pay.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many that attend that church cheat on their taxes, or steal cable/satelite, I wonder how many have been unfaithful, I wonder...would they be stripped of their right to practice those things that they believe? If there is one area that they don't quite fit in this religion...should they all be cast out...if so, I'm sure you'd find no problem finding a place to sit!

I can't quote scripture, but isn't it written somewhere that we should not judge another's flaw unless our own record is completely flawless? I wonder how many Catholics have had sex before they are married? Hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

Jim Corcoran wasn't excommunicated. He was asked to stop serving at the altar, a task usually given to innocent children, possibly because he publicized having a same-sex romantic partner to people whose beliefs do not sanction same-sex romance.

But this article isn't about this. It is about his demanding that state tell a Roman Catholic bishop how to minister to his parish, what to preach and what to print. It is also about his hoping to take thousands of dollars from ordinary people because his feelings over being dismissed from this kids' privilege were hurt.

Wally Keeler said...

And as a taxpayer I highly resent having to pay for Corcoran's petty pique via the intervention of the Ontario Human Rights Commission.

Anonymous said...

I know this is old news, but the 12 apostles that they think they are should think twice before they cast their stones. They are bigots, and bullies, every last one. They should all be ashamed of themselves, every last one. I wonder how many own pretty white robes, with maybe matching hoods. I don't know what came of Mr. Corcoran's case, but I do hope the law and law makers did him the justice he deserves. To those who made the list, I feel sorry for you that your lives are so pathetic you have nothing better to do but complain and hurt people trying to actually bring good to the world giving of themselves.