Friday, August 7, 2009

More on Corcoran & the Temple of Perpetual Bigotry

Parishioners accused of conducting a witch hunt against a homosexual altar server in a Cobourg, Ont., parish have told the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal they were only trying to get rid of their parish priest.

In response to a complaint from Jim Corcoran, 12 parishioners from St. Michael’s parish say they did not single Corcoran out or conspire to remove him from serving at the altar on Sundays. The parishioners have told the tribunal the whole thing started with the appointment of Fr. Allan Hood as pastor in 2008.

Read more by clicking HERE

1 comment:

pretzo said...

The only good church is a condo conversion. The sooner we stop supporting these anachronistic, tax sucking schools of fantasy and bigotry, the sooner we will have a somewhat sane world.No matter what faith you look at, wheter it is christianity,judaism, islam, hindu, siikism, WHATEVER!they are all packed with bigotry, proponents of violence, fear of change,re-actionary power base maintenance. I was baptised in Cobourg, as a christian but I soon left that behind because whenever I looked around at my fellow parishioners all I could see was the absence of christian like behaviour. The hypocrisy was so enormous that it led me to question the values of all the religions I had been exposed to, to the extent of focusing my university education on the resons why religion in any form, exists. My advice to the good parishioners of St. Mikes is to take sunday morning off and go for a walk with your family and talk with them, don't waste any more time in that empty shell at the corner of University and Division, bnecause there ain't nothing there.